West Palm Beach Business Transaction Attorney
Kelley, Fulton & Kaplan help you through the process of Sale or Purchase of a Business in Florida
Buying or selling a business can be complicated, but an experienced Florida business attorney can help you through the process. At Kelley, Fulton & Kaplan, our corporate lawyers represent buyers and sellers of many different kinds of businesses in the West Palm Beach area. With our experience handling purchases and sales from the perspective of both the buyer and the seller, we can help to ensure that your purchase or sale of a Florida business goes as smoothly as possible.
Are you thinking about buying or selling a business? The experienced West Palm Beach business transaction attorneys at our firm can discuss the details of a business purchase or sale with you today.
Buying and Selling a Florida Business
Making the decision to buy an existing business can have fewer risks than starting your own business altogether. Whether you are purchasing a small bakery or a larger company, it’s important to buy a business that has some relation to your own set of knowledge and experience. Why should you buy a business? You will face fewer start-up costs, but you will need to be aware of any potential problems that the business is facing before you get involved.
It is important to research the business’s history and its finances, and a qualified business lawyer can help you to gather all the information you’ll need to make an informed decision. When you work with our dedicated West Palm Beach business lawyers to purchase a business, you will have legal counsel on your side with years of experience drafting asset purchase agreements, promissory notes, and all other documents required for the successful purchase of a business.
Our attorneys can help you with important considerations involved in purchasing a Florida business, including but not limited to:
- Doing your due diligence: before you decide to buy a business, make sure you have done your research. What does the business’s finance history look like? Do you have knowledge about its customer base? How was the business marketed?
- Zoning matters: before you buy, you’ll want to make sure the area is zoned for that particular kind of business.
- Licensure and permits: before you can operate a business, you will need to be properly licensed and have the right permits. Where and how you are licensed will depend on the type of business you are getting into and the county in which your business is located.
Selling a Florida Business
Just as business purchasers need the assistance of a skilled Florida business lawyer, sellers will also need to have legal counsel. When you’re working with our attorneys to market a business, we can help with some of the following issues involved in selling:
- Dealing with tax implications: when you sell a business, you can end up with a hefty tax bill, but our West Palm Beach business attorneys can help determine ways to lower the impact of your taxes when you decide to sell.
- Negotiating a sale: whether you are selling your entire business entity or are simply selling assets from your business, we can help with all the details of your negotiation.
- Closing: when you close on a business sale, you will be transferring your Florida business over to the buyer. A business lawyer can help to ensure that you are prepared with the necessary paperwork and can help make the closing a straightforward experience.
- Filing with the I.R.S.: after selling a business, you will need to file certain paperwork with the I.R.S., and we can help.
Contact a West Palm Beach Business Transaction Attorney
Whether you’re buying or selling a Florida business, our knowledgeable West Palm Beach business attorneys can help. Our lawyers have been assisting clients in South Florida for years, and we can answer your questions for you today. Contact us at 561-264-6850 to learn more about the steps you’ll need to take to purchase or sell a business.